7Ways Meditation Makes You Successful–They meditate, and Richard Branson, Gisele Bundchen, Deepak Chopra & Oprah are successful, happy people. Come get their secret!
The benefits of daily meditation have been espoused by successful leaders from Richard Branson to Gisele Bundchen, Oprah Winfrey, and Deepak Chopra. They each have a dedicated meditation practice of their own. Judging from the success that these leaders enjoy, it’s possible that meditation can bring one to success, whether as a CEO, an entrepreneur or as a leader of your own life.
Meditation is both a practice of being and an exercise for the mind. Meditation connects you to your authentic self and brings it into the world. A dedicated medication practice brings benefits both in the moment, as well as long-term results that can help in attaining internal balance, and lifelong contentment.
Need more convincing to begin meditation? Here are the 7 ways in which daily meditation makes you successful.
- Emotional balance: Meditation helps you to explore and examine your emotions objectively. Meditation also helps provide the knowledge emotions will pass. Thus, instead of reacting immediately to emotions, you’re able to process the emotions before reacting.
- Less stress: Meditation allows the mind to relax, and this relaxation can be utilized for benefits in daily life.
- Increased self-awareness: Meditation is about spending time with the thoughts you have. This allows you to objectively analyze yourself, and thus increase self-awareness.
- Better health: During the relaxed state that meditation brings about, the body is able to repair itself. Cell-renewal takes place, enabling the body to fight inflammation and disease.
- Increased relaxation: Meditation releases higher levels of serotonin, the body’s feel-good hormone.
- Better control and decision-making capability: Meditation makes you be more engaged in the present moment, and thus decreases distraction.
- Increased creativity: Meditation blocks out distracting thoughts, thus providing greater clarity and better access to ideas and inspiration.
Thinking about starting? There are several meditations and stress relieving apps on the App Store to help get you started.