3 DIY Recipes for Naturally Glowing Skin–When you eat well and treat your skin well, you will glow from within and from without! Good nutrition ensures that you stay healthy. It also translates to clear, glowing skin. You can give your skin a glowing boost using natural skin care by providing it with a double dose of holistic skin wellness.
“You are what you eat.”
The updated phrase should be: “You are what you eat AND what you put on your body.”
WHY GO NATURAL
Here are 3 reasons why going naturally is beneficial for skin wellness:
- Your skin absorbs only the good stuff that nature intended for us.
- The skin’s natural hydration is boosted and protected, instead of being stripped away.
- As they are easily absorbed into the body, their effectiveness is experienced and seen very quickly.
EAT WELL FOR GLOWING SKIN
Nourish your skin and glow from the inside with these easy recipes.
You can have these for breakfast, as a snack, or even for dinner!
- Place 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats in a blender with 1 1/2 cup oat meal flour, a pinch of salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Blend well into a fine flour consistency.
- Transfer into a bowl.
- Add 2 large eggs, 1 cup milk, 11/2 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and combine everything well.
(You can add 1 tablespoon of sugar to sweeten, or when it is cooked, have it with agave syrup.).
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease a flat pan or skillet, and heat it. Ladle the mixture into the pan, and flip the pancake when it starts to bubble on the top side.
- Keep flipping and cooking it until it is done.
Serve with agave syrup, fresh fruit, or chocolate syrup.
EGG OMELETTE WITH OATS
Add some protein to the goodness of oats in this savoury dish.
- In a bowl, mix ¼ cup of oat flour with a pinch of salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add 4 tablespoon of milk and mix well until it is the consistency of batter. You may reduce the amount of milk or increase the amount of oat flour to achieve the consistency.
- Add 2 eggs and beat the mixture until it is frothy.
- Add your choice of vegetables—we suggest 2 tablespoons each of the following: onions, carrots, capsicums, tomato—and mix.
Pour the mixture into a heated pan and cook. Serve warm.
EASY OVERNIGHT OATS
No cooking needed, yet still packed with all the goodness that oats can offer in this chilled version of oats. Add peanut butter for protein and
- Start by mashing 1 large ripe banana in a bowl. The banana provides a natural sweetness to the overnight oats.
- Add ¼ cup peanut butter (creamy preferred), 1 cup organic rolled aits, 1 cup unsweetened nut milk or milk of your choice.
- You may opt to add any of these too: ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon agave or honey.
- Combine well and pour into a glass jar with a tight cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Suggested toppings: sliced bananas, raw cacao nibs, avocado, coconut flakes or shavings, a drizzle of honey or agave syrup.
The next morning, pour it into a bowl and add your preferred toppings.
SKIN CARE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS
Feed your skin with nature’s goodness from the outside by using Aveeno’s new Sheer Hydration lotion! It is formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal, an exclusive formula that is backed by science.
The active ingredient in Aveeno’s Sheer Hydration Lotion is oats. Oats help maintain the skin’s moisture barrier, which in turn restores its natural pH levels and thus prevents skin dryness.
Aveeno’s Sheer Hydration lotion goes on the skin easily and absorbs in seconds. The lotion naturally hydrates the skin from the inside out—it relieves skin dryness in one day and transforms it into softer skin in two weeks.
It is recommended by dermatologists for the use of natural ingredients that effectively protects, hydrates, and delivers proven skin care benefits for naturally glowing skin.
WIN A Sheer Hydration Kit!
Here’s a special for SOULSCAPE readers:
WIN an Aveeno Sheer Hydration Kit. Join our contest for a chance to win. Follow us at https://www.facebook.com/soulscapesg